The Welcome Dinner Project
Social Media and Communications Coordinator (Intern)
The Welcome Dinner Project is looking for an enthusiastic Social Media and Communications Coordinator to manage all Welcome Dinner Project social media pages as well as some aspects of our website content. The role would be well suited to a student studying marketing, communications or related fields and to someone who is seeking some valuable work experience while contributing to social change at the grass roots. The position will work with our Digital Marketing Lead who can offer mentorship and guidance as a professional in brand, digital and growth marketing.
Purpose of the role:
This role is to help manage all Welcome Dinner Project communication channels to ensure there is a consistent conversation and engagement with our online communities. The aim of the position is to best optimise social media and digital channels to support The Welcome Dinner Project in its goal to create more connected communities.
This position is a 6 month internship (volunteer/unpaid) with the opportunity to extend.
An average of 4 hours per week is expected in this role, and/or as needed.
Fortnightly WIPs with the Digital Marketing Lead (via meet-up or video call) outside of business hours (approx. 1 hour).
- Upload and schedule posts across all Welcome Dinner Project national social pages including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube
- Create images and shareable content for social media pages
- Serve as first point of contact for responding to social media inbox messages
- Support state coordinators with sharing and creating content for The Welcome Dinner Project state and local social pages
- Manage monthly reporting for social media national pages to measure reach, engagement and impact
- Assist with some areas of content for The Welcome Dinner Project Website
- Liaise with State Coordinators to assist them with social media posts and creating website content for the national page
- Studying Marketing, Communications, Media, Social Work or related course
- An excellent communicator with strong writing skills and an interest in social media, content and online media channels
- A strong commitment to our vision for welcoming and connected communities
- A flair for creating written and visual content, using programs such as Photoshop or Canva and content management systems
- Digitally savvy and quick to learn new tools and programs
- High attention to detail
- An analytical and strategic thinker who can confidently measure and report results
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage several projects and responsibilities simultaneously
At the completion of the internship, you will be able to confidently add the following skills to your CV and work experience;
- Lead and manage social media pages
- Create customised content for online and social media use
- Develop and manage a blog content strategy
- Manage digital reporting and analyse results to make data-led decisions
- Manage multiple stakeholders and be a support in cross-functional teams
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 1st Nov 2019.