||Hubs Coordinator (maternity leave cover)
Welcome Dinner Project Victoria
||Part time position
November – December 2018: 8 hours per week (excluding dinner attendance)
January – March 2019: 16 hours per week (excluding dinner attendance)
||5-month contract, with the possibility of extension, subject to ongoing funding.
||$35.66 per hour + monthly travel and phone allowance + 9.5% superannuation
||WDP Victoria’s co-working space in Melbourne CBD (with working from home opportunities)
||The Welcome Dinner Project is a non-profit organisation which has been connecting newly arrived people with established Australians over pot-luck dinners in local homes and community spaces since 2013. WDP has been running in Victoria for 3 years and now has a significant amount of momentum and community interest.
WDP Victoria is organised into 6 virtual Hubs covering metropolitan Melbourne. Across all Hubs our team of nearly 100 volunteers have held over 35 community and home dinners. We also have collaborative relationships with foundations, state government, local councils and businesses throughout Melbourne.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about diversity, connection and supporting volunteers, to help drive WDP Victoria and ensure the project continues to develop and evolve.
||To enable people of all cultural backgrounds to share their food and their stories in a space of love, respect and listening so they feel valued, discover their connection to the broader community and are animated to take action from that space.
- Belief in everyone’s worth, contribution and story
- Deep listening
- Community-centred and community-driven
- Work to break down barriers
- Details focussed
- Positive and gutsy
- Imaginative and creative
- Systems thinking
|Who our staff are
||We actively seek a diversity of representation in our staff and volunteer community and are working towards having an equal number of newly arrived and established Australian in our team.
Our people really care for their community and want to see positive change within it.
They have the following qualities and skills:
- Working together with others in a spirit of collaboration
- Flexibility and reliability
- Enthusiasm and friendliness
- Fun-loving attitude
- Committed to building relationships and passionate about working with people from all cultural backgrounds
- Organisational skills, including responsiveness to emails/phone calls
|Purpose of role
||To oversee the smooth operation of WDP through supporting Hubs and their volunteers to coordinate Welcome Dinners.
To ensure the sustainability of the project through building strategic relationships.
|Outline of role responsibilities
- Team management
- Convene, facilitate and document regular volunteer team meetings (approximately one face to face all Hub meeting a quarter, additional Hub face to face and online meetings as required)
- Support volunteer teams to acquire funds, budget, manage and report on expenditure
- Support and motivate volunteers to coordinate Welcome Dinners
- Support and motivate volunteers to develop their collaborative leadership skills
- Steward team culture in line with organisational values and policies
- Recruitment and Training
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment programs at Hub level
- Coordinate / deliver volunteer training across Hubs
- Identify Hub training needs
- Develop training materials as needed
- Marketing & Evaluation
- Oversee development and implementation of marketing strategy
- Contribute to evaluation and reporting the outputs, outcomes and impact of WDP’s work
- Systems Management
- Troubleshooting and support of team to use database management system, accounting software, marketing tools and Google drive
- Maintain WDP Google Drive folders, spreadsheets etc
- You believe in WDP’s purpose and values
- You are friendly, self-aware, emotionally intelligent and culturally competent
- You have the capacity to communicate to a variety of people for a variety of purposes, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- You are comfortable and experienced in giving and receiving feedback, and value its role in contributing to a culture of growth
- You are a collaborative leader
Essential skills and experience:
- You have extensive experience managing diverse and changing groups of volunteers and volunteer programs that have delivered on funding outcomes
- You have highly developed project management expertise, including excellent time management skills and can prioritise and deliver on deadlines
- You have training/teaching experience
- You are highly skilled at operating and maintaining a variety of online systems including database management, accountancy software and marketing tools
- You have access to your own vehicle
- You have flexibility to work across different day and hours, when required, and are able to attend dinners in your own time.
Desirable skills and experience:
- You have significant experience in community development with a particular focus on volunteer management and strategic planning to build sustainable structures and support organisational growth
- You have worked with newly arrived people to Australia and have a detailed understanding of the issues faced by these communities
- You have event management experience
- You have evaluation experience
- You have marketing experience
||A current Victorian Police Check (for Australian citizens / Permanent Residents) or reference (for people on other visas)
|Outcomes / goals
- High level of role satisfaction
- Contributing to well operating systems and processes
- Contributing to effective teams which can deliver our events
|Training and support
- Two month induction, covering collaborative leadership, dinner coordination, event management, digital and remote working, child safety, and working in partnership
- Ongoing professional development opportunities offered four times a year
- An annual retreat to builds the team for the year ahead and set strategic goals
- Increased connection to diverse communities
- Extended networks across Melbourne
- Professional development opportunities
|How to apply
||Send a CV and cover letter addressing selection criteria to email@example.com
||Tuesday 25 September 2018
||Monday 16 October, 2018
||1 November, 2018